Sunday, July 22, 2007

My new favorite place.


After a stressful week of apartment hunting in a city where landlords ask for all but your firstborn child before they'll rent you an apartment, Leslie and I felt that a beach trip was in order. We grabbed our sunscreen and a stack of magazines, and headed up north to Stinson Beach.

The last time I was here, I watched my sister Evelyn run to the water, whipping her clothes off in excitement. She was three years old, and it was the first time she'd seen the ocean.




What a perfect day. The drive was beautiful, and lounging in the sun all afternoon was exactly what we both needed. So relaxing. This could definitely become a Sunday routine.

1 comment:

mrn said...

Oh, my. How glorious that looks. Yes, Evelyn whipped her clothes off beginning in the parking lot. By the time she reached the water, she was naked and laughing with abandon. Let's remember it was early in April and overcast -- the water was COLD. But that never stopped a 3-year old.

We are all with you in spirit.

Love, Mommie Dearest.