Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's your day


Happy Birthday, Lilly!

Here is a poem for you:

* * *
today you are a woman
tomorrow you are a lady
forever you are my big sister

i will always snuggle you
and rub your soft arm like a creep
i will annoy you by eating your food and drinking your diet coke
you will get angry and get road rage and punch me
especially when i change songs without your permission

but i will always think that things that are yours are also mine
aren't they?
i think that way because you're just so kind and generous
like natalie merchant says

when you call me a little photo of your face shows up
i can't make that happen for anyone else!
so everyday when you call, i see you
and i like that
because you're pretty and stylish

move to my coast so we can be close
i will buy you a puppy
* * *

Not sure where I'd be without you, Lils. Yous my rock.

See you in a month.

xo Fuzzy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lil. It IS your day.

mrn said...

What a great day that was in our lives when little precious was born! You have been a joy, a pain and everything in between. And we still love you. Smooches. DON'T drink a Manhattan tonight.

Mommie Dearest

mrn said...

MC: I had no idea you were such a distinguished poet. Billy Collins, beware. xxoo

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday, Lil. And, OMG, I am quite amused by MC's poem. I can't decide what line is my favorite... Probably, "rub your soft arm like a creep." I like that one.