Monday, January 28, 2008

Golden Valley Man Supports Local Shoeshiner


While strolling through the delightfully authentic Fisherman's Wharf area of San Francisco, Michael Jensen was approached by a man peddling his shoe-shining skills. Mr. Jensen politely declined, but the man persisted on.

"I bet I could tell you where those shoes come from," he said. "If I get it right, will you be honest with me?"

Unbeknownst to the shoeshiner, Mr. Jensen values honesty above all else. "Of course I'll be honest with you," he said.

The man bent down to get a closer look, and immediately squirted shoe-shine goo on Mr. Jensen's left foot. "They come from your foot!" he said.

At that point, Mr. Jensen had no choice but to let the man shine his shoes. After all, they were looking a little lackluster from the daily wear, and this restored a nice, healthy sheen. When asked for a comment, Mr. Jensen chuckled.

"He got me. He got me good," he said.

3 comments:

fuzzy j said...

This is so perfect.

mrn said...

Golden Valley Man doesn't go to the big city very often -- I think he learned a thing or two.

Too many people!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how much the shoe shine cost me and I'm not going to mention it here. After the scam was complete and he was working away, he went into his speech about how this was how he made a living to support his family of 5 kids. The guy WAS entertaining. Lesson learned: Never make eye contact, never engage. Unless you want a story from the big city.