Friday, December 14, 2007

Holiday Party



Last week we had a mini work Holiday Party. It was a splendid time - a lot of dips, dranks, charades and BOOGIE! on wii. Also, I turned into a roller skating nun! Wow!

The moment I slipped on those sparkly pink (too small) roller skates, I was transported back to my childhood. Not to the days spent playing fairies, falling out of trees or swimming for long periods of time in Lake Superior, but to the times spent roller skating in circles to The Chipettes record in the laundry room. Lil was always Brittany (the hot one) and I was always Eleanor (the fat one). I always wanted to be Brittany, but thinking back to Lil's claims at why I was "so Eleanor" totally make sense now. She ate a lot and had white hair.

2 comments:

mrn said...

I was actually thinking about the Chipettes a few weeks ago. We can do a redux if you like -- lace up your skates, sister.

Unknown said...

"Although she is prone to vanity, selfishness, and materialism, and has a notoriously short fuse, Brittany cares deeply for her siblings and often acts as their defender.

Eleanor is quite strong-willed, and is far more likely than the timid Jeanette to stand up to her sister Brittany when she feels that she is wrong."

I just wanted to be the one that wore pink.